Re: [AMC-list] slow

Slow list?
Busy?
YES.
One son in a 1980 era townhouse we bought, that of course as those nice
neat little hidden problems...Home inspectors here have so many disclaimers
we are pretty much stuck fixing the little buggers ourselves. I'd let
them go, but the one makes a damp corner in one of two bedrooms. Which
means no rent paying roomate till I get it fixed.

just spent two weeks replacing BOTH out rockers on our 97 XJ.
Had to rebuild 3/4 of the inners on both sides too! Came our
real nice, I am happy with the job, Jeep is Dark blue metallic
Rather then paint I use weld thru primer on the seams. Eastwoods
rust encapsulator everywhere else, seam sealer, some standard primer
Topcoated with Duplicolor spraybomb bedliner. Really looks nice, compared
to large chunks of rust hanging under the doors.
the repop, aftermarket rockers fit very well.

While it was in the shop it got a new rear U-joint and ft shocks.
Grease job, then I noticed the battery was dieing. decided it would
last a bit, so let it go.

Put it on the road on Sunday, On Thursday I got a call from my 17 year old.
It would not idle and he was afraid to drive it on the hills since it is
a 5 speed. I went over and instantly new that it was 99% chance it was
the coolant temp sensor, so I traded him Jeeps. Went over to Advance auto.
Bought a new CTS and a h-lamp to replace one that was turning blue inside from age.
Went home, swapped the CTS, Cleaned the Throttlebody, swapped the battery from
the American into it as the battery in the XJ was really to weak to continue on.

Now the XJ has a nice fast idle again, my son reports it runs great, all around improvement.

Oh, while all this was going on, the 98 Altima got $600 worth of rear damage by a hit and run
driver while my son was sitting at stop light. Careful sluething, by my wife, bitching from me
as the insurance company seemed to ignore the woman (B*sterds) We got the girls info and a check
on Tuesday.

I have to go work on the townhouse this week.

Next AMC project is the console rebuild.
I have one from a 65 AMBO, with armrest I going to refinish, after peeling it.
Then it is going in the American.
Once that is done I plan on cleaning the 1/4's for the conv, since they are just rough cutoffs
still have trunkfloor drops and inner/outer wheelwells in place.
I'm going to do the whole drill out the spotweld thing so I have everything.
That way I can rebuild the 1/4's on the vert from the trunk floor out.
Main idea of cleaning up the 1/4's is to gain some space!

Plus I hope to avoid needing to do any serious welding in the closed winter shop.
still want to make progress though!

Now there,
While some of this is off topic.
Some is on topic as we have generally adopted XJs as allowable.
I bet you are sorry you asked :)

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5