Re: [AMC-list] BBD Carb Issues

Eddie,

I agree with most of what you say about fuel lines, dirty tanks, etc. but the gas from the "cheap gas" stations comes from the same refineries, Shell, Chevron, Valero that the branded gas comes from.  There are only so many refineries in this country and the independents can't afford to band together and build their own.  They buy their gas on the open market but it often doesn't have the branded additives in it like Techron from Chevron.  The stations are generally low overhead outlets though and might have dirty storage tanks.  The Valero (not independent but very low oeverhead operation) where I buy gas often has very slow pumps which I have complained about to the clerk on duty. She said it's because teh owners won't change in the inline pump filters often enough.  Makes you wonder what's in the storage tanks to cause the filters to plug.

Joe Fulton