-------------
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:42:55 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I'm STILL working on the 195.6ohv TBI system. The hangup has been the
throttle body. The guy makign the adapter can't eliminate this nasty sharp
step inside and I'm reluctant to use it (fits an Iron Duke 1bbl).

But! I just yesterday figured out (someone on the diy-efi list suggested)
that a Ford Tempo 1987 etc 1bbl throttle body is *side draft*. If it doesn't
sit flat on the intake plate (which makes the throttle shaft align with the
linkage!)  a simple 45 degree adapter will do it. Meant to go to the 'yard
today to hunt but I have a mild sore throat and I'm not screwing around with
getting ill.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"