Re: [AMC-list] Tripowered AMC 6

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:20, <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's noting wrong with tilting the GM TB either 45 or 90 degrees either.
> It's a TB, not a carb!! It would probably work right even upside down...

Yeah, you're right, it's a pressure sprayer down the hole, so tilting is no
big deal. But tilting by itself doesn't solve the problem (though it helps a
lot!). The throttle position is about worst-case, just as the GM T.B. was in
my Classic. The Tempo job might actually not just be better sized (smaller),
it puts the throttle rod in line.

I've been home sick with a terrible cold and didn't get to go shopping.
SOmethingb seems to come up every chance I get to go to' you pull it'.

> So if the step is bothersome, take a piece of tubing that fits the TB
> opening and "squish" one end to an oval that will fit a plate instead of
> making an adapter.

Yeah, but I've been working with Chris at C&D to fab up an adapter, so he
can sell 'em. (It would be 'close enough' for a lot of "YF" patterned
engines.) I coudl weld up my own no problem, and I might end up doing that.