[AMC-list] Fw: Cherokee w/ 401 towing advise wanted

[AMC-list] Fw: Cherokee w/ 401 towing advise wanted

The folks below are building a Jeep, and are looking for some towing advise, including what might best fit their needs with cam/carb/intake setup. Chances are some of you would like to comment and feel free to, be sure to copy your reply to Randy directly also and thanks in advance to all who might reply.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: randallschroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eddie;
Can I get some advice from you? I have a 74 Cherokee with a 401 which is used for pulling my RV or boat. The RV can make it work. I decided to keep it (the Cherokee) and would like to up the performance for better pulling. Can you suggest a cam/intake/carb that would work for this situation? Will the stock cast heads work as well as the edelbrok aluminum that are out there for this pulling-type load?

Since the interest in this engine seems to be going up, I'd like to spend some coin and do it right.

Thanks for anything you can throw at me.
Randy Schroeder
PO Box 39
Markesan, WI 53946