Re: [AMC-list] BBD Carb Issues

um... all them crappy additives in the gas is WHAT CAUSES PROBLEMS!!! they sit
for a little bit, and the GAS evapurates, and leaves all that crap. i have
used that stabil, and ya, it works. sorta. the gasoline will still evapurate.
and its even worse now with this ethenol in it. kind of nice when you live in
the desert like i do. when i got a rig going to sit for long, i drain it of
ALL fuel. tank, lines, carb, ect. we dont have much moisture here to
condensate and rust the tank. this ethenol in the fuel now also plays hell on
old carb gaskets. i been lucky so far with the bbd 2bbl carb on my 440H. car
sat since mid 84, and just got running a couple weeks ago. i popped the top
off, cleaned it out. when i popped the top off, i was able to salvage the
gasket. put it back together, and it works great. i have a rebuild kit, but i
am saving it till it NEEDS it. some reason, this carb is working great, not
leaking or anything. the holley on casper on the other hand... had that car
for almost 10 years, and have such a hard time getting that bowl gasket to
seal. always weeps. not enough to drip USUALLY, just gets wet around the
bowl. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules