From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] WTB: Concord hatchback rear leaf springs

Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>Hollander #266 is 77-78 AMX, 78-83 Concord, 70-77 Hornet, 77-80 Pacer.
>
>The only difference between the 77 and earlier and 78 and later is the centre
>bolt. Bolt is bigger on the later ones to accommodate the rubber isolaters.

OK, thanks.  Just what I expected.

I've noticed that AMC leafs tend to sag pretty quickly -- like after only a few thousand miles (I remember them doing so when they were new, too).  Has anyone beefed their leaves up any to correct sagging?  What's the best way to do it?  Add a second long leaf to each spring?  Helper springs?

>Large Eagle springs are the same except for the arch. Eagle springs are flatter.

I think you mean 2WD springs are flatter?  I would think the Eagles would need taller arches for their additional ground clearance.

Thanks again!

-- Marc

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009