Re: [AMC-list] WTB: Concord hatchback rear leaf springs

Re: [AMC-list] WTB: Concord hatchback rear leaf springs

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Wagon and 4dr are probably the same, but hatchback are shorter.

wagons night have more arch due to more rear weight.

" From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
"
" Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx> said:
"
" >Hollander #266 is 77-78 AMX, 78-83 Concord, 70-77 Hornet, 77-80 Pacer.
"
" OK, thanks.  Just what I expected.
"
" I've noticed that AMC leafs tend to sag pretty quickly -- like after
" only a few thousand miles (I remember them doing so when they were
" new, too).  Has anyone beefed their leaves up any to correct sagging?
" What's the best way to do it?  Add a second long leaf to each spring?
" Helper springs?

probably the only permanent solution is to get the steel tempered
properly when the springs are made.	:^<

" >Large Eagle springs are the same except for the arch. Eagle springs are flatter.
"
"
" I think you mean 2WD springs are flatter?  I would think the Eagles
" would need taller arches for their additional ground clearance.

they switched from spring-under-axle to spring-over.  btw i've been
told xj springs are the same as eagles.