Re: [AMC-list] Guatemalan Grand Wagoneer stuck in Nashville... need help

Re: [AMC-list] Guatemalan Grand Wagoneer stuck in Nashville... need help! - Update

Detonation? You realize that the gas down there probably isn't as good as what we have up here, right? If it's detonating on regular here, it's going to be a big problem down there! If the engine was recently rebuilt and this is the first big run, that could be the main cause of the problem though. It should be pretty much broke in by the time it gets to Guatemala!
---------
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 18:02:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>

Well ... they have changed a few spark plugs that had been slammed shut by the detonation, checked?everything out (looks clean), readjusted the timing and it is running GREAT.? I repeat, GREAT.? Apparently no piston damage ... wild.

So, they are back on the road tomorrow.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts