[AMC-list] BW Rear tranny shaft seal

I need to replace some seals on the BW tranny in my 65 American to stop some leaks. I have the seal kit from Northwest transmission parts.  The TSM shows a slide hammer dealer tool being used to pull the rear seal.  I guess this will work right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slide-Hammer-DENT-PULLER-OIL-SEAL-BEARING-removER-tools_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ef8e95c23QQitemZ270464015395QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

I don't know if Autozone has this tool as a loaner, but will I need the slide hammer tool?  I don't have driveshaft pulled yet and have not really looked over the job.  I just know it's leaking from at the shaft and from the shifter shafts too.  Joe Fulton