Re: [AMC-list] Bogging Issue on Guatemalan GW ... HELP ?? !!

Re: [AMC-list] Bogging Issue on Guatemalan GW ... HELP ?? !!

>The GW has been having a bogging down issue for a while now
>and installation of the Howell TBI hasn't 'fixed' it.? If you give it
>light throttle, it will slowly climb to speed.? If you give it throttle
>to accelerate, it bogs down and acts like a dog.? The happens
>in both park and in gear.
.
.
I recently had the exact symptoms with my '94 5.2L Grand Cherokee.
My fuel pressure was too low, I wasn't getting enough gas. Slow acceleration
was fine, quick pedal or load it would bog, and almost backfire through
the intake. My problem was with the pressure regulator. But there are several
things that could starve the engine of fuel... bad filter, pump, injector timing/problem,
regulator like mine (if yours has one), kink in the line? Also the mixture could
cause similar problems.
Troy