-----------
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm rehabbing the spare transmission for my 64 Classic in preparation for installing it very soon.  I removed the overdrive solenoid and connected the blue wire to the negative battery post and the orange wire to the positive post. Nothing happened.  The solenoid should cycle should it not, even if there was no ground connect to allow the coil to be held "in"?

Answered my own question.  You do need the housing connected to ground.  My solenoic works when that connection is made.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts