Re: [AMC-list] SoCal TT!

I "rallyed" mine around the back roads of central Georgia with a M-35 auto and 3.31 gears (the factory "performance" gear, stock was 2.87). Adjust the cable one-half to one turn longer and pour a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer in the trans in place of one quart of trans fluid. Those two things increase trans pressure a bit and stiffen the shifts. Will make it last a little longer too! The Lucas is compatible with trans fluid, thickens it ever so slightly. When it first came out they recommended running up to 10% in a trans, but don't advertise it for that any more. Don't know why. The M-35 holds either 11 or 12 quarts total, so it's a bit shy of 10%. I ran it like that for 7-8 years, at least five after it was rebuilt. Never a problem with it at all. If you know anyone in Georgia you can "sell" them the car, have them register it, then they can "sell" it back to you. Cars prior to 1987 can be sold and registered on a bill or sale only. Once you have a GA registration and bill of sale you can get a title in your state. It might be a "provisional" title -- meaning if someone comes up with the original and claims the car was stolen it would be revoked. I got one like that in SC, but that was when I tried to contact the original owner and the registered letter was returned.

--------
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:10:28 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 16:59, <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hmm. i wonder how that auto would do
driven like that?

MAN!!! I WISH I COULD GET A STINKIN TITLE FOR THAT CAR!!

Well, maybe not so bad. There was a slant six auto trans Valiant that did
really well. Was fairly well dialed in. Eats HP sure, but at low speeds the
torque is nice! No way that little motor could hurt it.

Can't you use one of those title services I see in HEMMINGS and such?  I
think they work by them buying your car in a state tht doesn't require a
title, then a transfer to your state. Somethign like that.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts