Re: [AMC-list] Rust Removal

" From: "Bruce Hevner" <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" I turn the heater on the night before I'm ready to use it. Then I pre-wash
" the part in a hot (130') spray cleaner to get the grease off. While the part
" is still hot I submerge it in the CA and soak for about 3-5 hours. As SOON
" as I remove it I spray it with anti-rust because CA removes ALL the oil and
" the part will surface rust IMMEDIATELY as soon as it hits the air!

this makes phosphoric acid sound better and better...  phosphoric
leaves a barrier film of iron phosphate behind.  this is also a good
pre-paint surface prep.

"  For cold brush on use I would recommend one of the commercial anti-rust
" products. I tried one of them in my tank before I went to CA. They are
" expensive but they DO work cold.

prep 'n strip from the big box store is phosphoric.  paint it on, let
it work, rinse the excess off.
--
colas have phosphoric acid.  maybe that's how the urban folklore about
cola rust removal started?