[AMC-list] Rust Removal

I doubt your idea will work. I have a 25 gallon tank of Citric Acid I have
been playing with. It doesn't seem to do much of anything until it gets
about 100'.

I have a large magnetic heater attached to the side of the tank and have
insulated it with 1" Styrofoam building insulation.

I turn the heater on the night before I'm ready to use it. Then I pre-wash
the part in a hot (130') spray cleaner to get the grease off. While the part
is still hot I submerge it in the CA and soak for about 3-5 hours. As SOON
as I remove it I spray it with anti-rust because CA removes ALL the oil and
the part will surface rust IMMEDIATELY as soon as it hits the air!

 For cold brush on use I would recommend one of the commercial anti-rust
products. I tried one of them in my tank before I went to CA. They are
expensive but they DO work cold.

But HEY,,, that's just ME!

Bruce Hevner