Re: [AMC-list] T-96 mechaneolontology

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 19:02, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The knockout was most likely there for the E-stick, which had the clutch
> level on the right side so it would be just behind the oil pump.

Or right-drive market cars too.

 There are no seals between the trans and OD units, they use the same
lubricating oil. Not much mixes from one to the other IIRC, and they both
have drain plugs, but oil can freely flow from one to the other.

If you fill one you fill the other, but like Frank says the passageway
between the two casting is small so it's slow. But we're not factories, we
can wait thr 5 min for it to self-level :-)