Re: [AMC-list] My upgrades/conversions

What Tom said about tearing into a running/driving car for "upgrades" is so very true!

I had the boys tear out the interior of my American
in June? or was it May!
  I finished the sound deadener/carpet/etc on Saturday!
Wow, what a job....Sticky, butyl based sound deadener topped
by closed cell foam, (yeah, maybe that will accelerate rust?)...
We'll see. I'm betting the soundeadener sheets will seal the metal pretty darned well.

I wonder what happens if you ever WANT to get that stuff off?

Anyway, tearing apart a driver is only for those who truly need to, or
get a lot of enjoyment out of actually working on the car as much
or more than driving it!

I used to, but fractured vertebrae('s) and nerve damage really put a damper on the fun!

I can say that except for 1960's wind noise the American is
so much more a "solid" car now! Driving it just feels "better".
the usual noises are damped down, you still get all the pleasure or driving an "old" car.
Nothing will really change that, but it really made a difference. I got a quieter exhaust without touching a clamp!

I'm glad I did it, though it did frustrate the hell out of me at times.
I would advise if you want sound deadener and such, do it when you build the car!

Don't come back and do it later!!!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5