Re: [AMC-list] Holley Performance Again

I don't think it's that bad! Might be whittled down to 2-3 big companies who get their parts made in China/Taiwan/Mexico, but as long as there's a market there will be a maker. Holley did a lot of expanding about 10 years back, and I think they over did it. According to the article I read they tried concentrating on their OEM division just as the US auto market was tanking. They spent so much time/effort/money getting big that it's hard to downsize to an efficient level. Some big money people will have to go as divisions disappear, and they hate losing those big cushy jobs more than the rest of us -- gotta get rid of all the toys and posh things, ya know! Oh the pain!!
-----------
Date: 2 Oct 2009 06:07:28 -0000
From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx

great, earlier this year it was CRANE cams. but now its holley. we will have NO aftermarket performance parts producers in just a couple more short years. people will go back to building their own stuff. i like people who build everything themself, but its nice to have somewhere to start. using a holley intake, and modify it ect. sucks.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts