[AMC-list] Matador Question (Preservation Not Restoration)

[AMC-list] Matador Question (Preservation Not Restoration)

What type of headliner was in a 72 Matador? Was it that cardboard material covered with some kind of cloth material glued over it like my Hornet's? My car came with some plain black vinyl over God only knows what that has staples in some area end is ripped in others. I am hoping that the cardboard base if that was what it was made from is still intact so I can recover it with something that looks close to stock and not like the Rube Goldberg job that's in there.
"Doc"