From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:52:48
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<Amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] What gauge sheetmetal for the trunk and doors?

I have a small flat section of my trunk near the drivers side that
needs repaired. I took care of a few pinholes, but since the section
needing replacement is flat - a friend recommended cutting it out and
hitting it with a MIG welder (after I drop the gas tank). So - what
gauge sheetmetal should I pick up? Does the trunk use a thicker guage
than the doors? I have two small sections on the doors that I need to
poke around to see if they are surface rust, or rust from the inside
out. If bad, I figure I'll cut and replace while I have a friend and a
welder. (Hopefully we can use the welder. It is at a new car dealers,
and we'd have to wander in on a Saturday. He works there and can use
it, but I don't want him to get in trouble. If I thought he'd get in
trouble, I'd try and rent one.)

I had decided to just 'glass it, but on talking with a friend - he
suggested doing it right. So, hopefully off to welding land.