[AMC-list] Hey, a post by wrambler, ON TOPIC!

[AMC-list] Hey, a post by wrambler, ON TOPIC!

     Tonight I pulled the non A/C box out of my 69 and replaced the heater core.

   I want to do two things, one say how good DMT's foam kit fits! WOW, Sweet!

    Second thing is that while Matt did an excellent job of restoring, refabbing his whole box I am to lazy for that!  So, I installed ALL the foam seals without drilling out rivets etc;

    What you have to do is unbend the bent over lock tabs on the center side of the heater box and take that panel off, after it is out of the car of course!  You can then replace the foam on defrost/floor door and put that side back together with new rope caulk and that side is done.  the main air door is a little trickier, but I was very carefully succesfull in spraying the door with adhesive and carefully laying the large foam piece on the door for a perfect fit.  Heater core out for this part.

    I know there are some others out there tired of the heater box in their American not working quite right anymore, yet not wanting to do the whole rivet and such deal.

    I want to comend Matt for the jobs he does when he does it, he does it 100%.
    Me, I'm just an old half crippled hack.... Well, honestly, you can't tell which way the box was done once it is back in!

     Anyway, I was dreading the hassle of pulling that box with my stereo gear in the way etc; So glad it is done, new heater core in and now the doors go THUNK when you move a cable instead of CLINK....

     Thanks Matt! Without you that foam would be impossible to find. The stuff in my box literally turned to DUST when I touched it!

     I seriously believe that if my back and shoulder stay calm I will have the car driveable by Sunday night!
Now, I'm doomed to failure for mentioning that!

    Need to put the glovebox in, put damper on the floors and install the carpet and seats, seatbelts. It should be doable.
Quick. someone come help!

    Bueller? Bueller? has anyone seen Bueller? Where is that boy? He was supposed to be helping....

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.