Re: [AMC-list] Ebay intake/exhaust

You might hold out for an aluminum intake (if that is not one). They're far,
far superior. The old cast iron jobs warp badly with age, and leak, and
leaky intake is far worse than a minor leak on exhaust. It's worth plumbing
up the water too; it's temperature stabilized, and carbs like that. (Mine's
plumbed in parallel with the heater with some "Y"s I got from NAPA. Very
easy.)
No real downside to the aluminum jobs either. I had one badly corroded one,
the threads for the water nipples were really bad, so I ran a tap through
them to clean it up, and JB Welded the brass nipples in. Even mediocre
cooling system maintenance will prevent that.

Saves 20 lbs off the driver side of the car too!