[AMC-list] rally in a rambler american, more

[AMC-list] rally in a rambler american, more

woo woo! On 11, 12 October I'm running my '63 American in the SoCal TT, a
road rally for old 4-wheel vehicles. 650 miles in two days. Semi-serious (or
semi-casual, your call) rally. Route revealed yet, but it's apparently out
to the desert or north through the mountains. Lots of furrin iron (porches,
datsun 510's, a gremlin last year) but the crowd seems like the
jalopnik/blessing of the cars crowd -- "cars are too important to not
drive!" -- and not so brand sensitive.
I've been really itching to do more car stuff that's not just restoration,
or maximum-power, or snotty rallying, or $$$$$ autocrossing, or... some real
car kultchure. My friend Jason (he drives a Reliant Scimitar) and I are
thinking of starting a car "club" -- NOTA -- "None Of The Above"! Seriously.

My Classic Wagon is still utterly covered in playa dust; I'm seriously
considering showing up early to the Toluca Lake Bob's Big Boy every-Friday
car event and getting a choice spot with it -- fully filthy dusty dirty, and
make espresso on the tailgate with my 1941 Coleman stove that burns leaded
gas -- it has a little device to unclog the jet! -- and pleasantly irritate
the spotless California-duster crowd with a dirty old fun beast that goes
anywhere at any time. Should be good for a larf or two. News at 11.

I'll take pictures.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.