[AMC-list] It was Water

I checked the leak on the Rambler last night and it was coolant (actually water), coming from the coolant sensor which was not tightened into the manifold far enough.  I re-torqued the head and tonight I'll warm it up again and then adjust the valves.

I took another look at the dash though and realized that I made a mistake when I reassembled it.  I now have two (cool-hot) coolant temperature gauges in the dash, one for engine temp and another for fuel level. The correct fuel gauge bezel is there but the gauge reads c-h instead of e-f. Duh.  In my (weak) defense, I had some problems putting the instrument cluster back in the dash. It's a really tight fit and will only go in one way.  I had dropped the cover plates off of the gauges while wrestling it into the dash the first time and after a few choice words I had to take the whole thing back to the workbench and re-clinch the metal tabs.  I must have picked up the wrong gauge.  They are interchangeable in size so there was no problem with fit. But I didn't notice the error until I actually needed to read the gauges.  I might just leave it that way if the fuel gauge gives reasonable readings.  I already know it moves off the peg with two gallons of
 fuel in the tank.  I'll just tell people that one part of the gauge is for carbon based fuel (C) and the other end is for hydrogen (H).

Joe Fulton