From: "Joe Fulton" <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 9:02 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] It was Water

> I checked the leak on the Rambler last night and it was coolant (actually
water), coming from the coolant sensor which was not tightened into the
manifold far enough.  I re-torqued the head and tonight I'll warm it up
again and then adjust the valves.

> I took another look at the dash though and realized that I made a mistake
when I reassembled it.  I now have two (cool-hot) coolant temperature gauges
in the dash, one for engine temp and another for fuel level. The correct
fuel gauge bezel is there but the gauge reads c-h instead of e-f. Duh.  In
my (weak) defense, I had some problems putting the instrument cluster back
in the dash. It's a really tight fit and will only go in one way.  I had
dropped the cover plates off of the gauges while wrestling it into the dash
the first time and after a few choice words I had to take the whole thing
back to the workbench and re-clinch the metal tabs.  I must have picked up
the wrong gauge.  They are interchangeable in size so there was no problem
with fit. But I didn't notice the error until I actually needed to read the
gauges.  I might just leave it that way if the fuel gauge gives reasonable
readings.  I already know it moves off the peg with two gallons of
>  fuel in the tank.  I'll just tell people that one part of the gauge is
for carbon based fuel (C) and the other end is for hydrogen (H).