[AMC-list] Forward to the past - replacing Duraspark with points...the H

[AMC-list] Forward to the past - replacing Duraspark with points...the Hornet RUNS again! Woo-hoo!

Well, not Back to the Future, more like going Forward to the past, I finally pulled a points distributor from my '72 Gremlin, and after some clean-up and points cleaning, it got a fat spark, and I got my '76 Sportabout to fire and RUN for the first time in months. Turns out the used Duraspark I put in was going bad or intermittent, drove me crazy there for months. Didn't want to go back to the non-vac working Presto-lite I pulled out, so my choices were either Points, or GM HEI ( which I have one, converted, but couldn't find it ), so it was points this weekend I tried. Runs great now, after fixing mis-wiring 5 and 6, it's running smooth , and not cutting off. So gave it a very short test drive, did ok, so now to clean it out, remount the rearview mirror to the glass, and hopefully be driving it this week to work some. Carb is not leaking now, either, so I HOPE that problem is solved as well. Man, it has been torture after buying this car, running, then
 to have it have carb and electric intermittent problems. I think the worst is over, good thing I got it running because it needs Inspection in September. Fun! Got great tires on it, will probably check the brakes myself, but otherwise it seems good to go. Hope so, anyway. Well, gonna enjoy the rest of the afternoon, as that was a major accomplishment for me to achieve, finally. Think I'll go putter around the garage and do some clean-up. More fun! LOL

Jerry in Virginia