Re: [AMC-list] Leak from timing chain cover

Re: [AMC-list] Leak from timing chain cover

I think I replied, just not sure. The engine is clean. I crawled under
the car yesterday after getting off a call, and didn't see where it
was leaking - but by that time it had been sitting for a while. I see
where it could be leaking from under the waterpump, getting on the
timing chain cover and dripping down. Or possibly from the hose
connecting the top of the water pump to the water inlet in the head
(don't know what it's called). I know I was not happy with how I did
the hose, so I'll pay close attention to that.

The recommendation to warm it up and eyeball it is good. I need to
work on the deck tomorrow, but should be able to warm the car up, put
a few miles on it - and see where it leaks.