[AMC-list] Oil leaking from under the valve cover - 195.6OHV

[AMC-list] Oil leaking from under the valve cover - 195.6OHV

I'm noticing quite a profuse oil leak from my car. I tracked it down
to coming out from under the valve cover at the rear of the engine
near the firewall. At first I though it was the main seal, but
checking further, it comes from right up by the back of the engine,
top of the head, right under the valve cover.

I had the leak before replacing the gasket. I replaced the gasket and
it is still leaki t was leaking before I had the head done, but I put
that lower on my list of priorities. It still leaks after the head was
done.

How do I make sure my valve cover is absolutely flat front to back,
side-to-side? I'm thinking that would be the next place to check.