[AMC-list] Nice day at car shows

I wanted to head out and visit a car show yesterday. Wasn't sure where
to start. The Shriners were putting one on about 10 minutes from my
house, and a traditional hot rod club was putting one on about 30
minutes or so from my house. My youngest son and I were out, and one
of his friends called - so the Rambler stayed out (I've been too lazy
on the seat belt issue in the back, and don't would not want my son in
it in case it left us stranded - we still have sorting out to do).

We headed over to the Shriners and saw some cool cars. A couple Model
Ts, a couple Model As, a 39 Ford coupe, some tri-5 Chevys, some muscle
cars, a VW Bug, a COOL 62(?) 63(?) Olds Cutlass convertible with 185
aluminum V8 looking great, and a '55 or so Old's 88 hardtop. And some
funky looking Yaarab Temple Model T's in bright Shriners colors. The
kids really liked it. The show was small enough that I could let them
wander for a bit, with strict "don't touch" warnings. Well, they
wandered to the concession stand and had burgers and fries. But they
had fun.

Then we headed over to Dallas GA to check out a show they hold once a
month on main street. They shut down a small section of town and had a
show. Just a lot of nice cars there. For a while I though traditional
hot rods were cool, but now I'm thinking I like stock-looking cars
with modern upgrades. Applying that to my car, it would mean keep it
looking stock as much as possible, but disk brakes and a newer engine
and maybe AC or an amenity or two. I'm nowhere near any of those
things - but that is where my thinking is headed. Not that I have
issues with hotrods, but I think keeping mine as stock appearing as
possible would be the way to go.

I fiddled around with the brake light switch on my car, as it was
leaking brake fluid. I think I have it sorted, and took a short local
drive. Need to take it out for a further run and check the brake fluid
often before calling it done - but I THINK brakes and brake lights are
good again. Maybe I can finally drive it a little further than the
grocery store!