Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: auto trans question

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Anyone got any info on a Powerglide in a Rambler?

the only possibility that comes to mind is the very early post office
dj5s, pre-amc kaiser built in the late '60s.  they had chevy nova
fours and pg trannies.  amc/amgeneral dj5s didn't get fours again
until the late '70s, iirc with tf904 autos, with a run of audi powered
ones, then iron dukes, then finally the amc four in the early '80s.

afaik nothing else made by either jeep or amc did.

could he be confused by the '2 speed' aluminum warner?

" John at wagoneers.com wrote
" I can research it... have a couple books that cover those models...
"
" I know that Jeep used Borg Warner automatics up until about '65 when it
" started using the TH400.
"
" '58's had a "flash-o-matic" option... Torque-command later, got up to
" '72 and didn't
" find mention of gm autos...  this would be a good question for jim blair...
"
" john
"
" Terry Halmshaw wrote:
" > Question:
" >
" > Do you know of any Jeep or Rambler that came out with the GM
" > Powerglide?. I had a customer call me the other day stating he
" > got a Powerglide given to him that came from either a Jeep or
" > Rambler, very curious I thought. I didn't doubt him, but sure am
" > curious. As far as I am aware GM didn't start farming out products
" > to other companies until the introduction of the T/H400 which was
" > first sold to Rolls Royce. Any ideas???.