Re: [AMC-list] engine setback in a Matador

Re: [AMC-list] engine setback in a Matador

Thanks for your input Andrew & Jeff. My reason for considering moving the engine back in my 1973 Matador is that I am switching to the AW4 transmission which is shorter than the A904 formerly in the car and I was looking to not have my driveshaft lengthened.

I'll look into the crossmember and firewall clearance issues.