Re: [AMC-list] Need 196 for 61 Wagon

The 196 OHV has the carburetor sitting right next to the valve cover. Carb is on an aluminum plate with the rest of the intake cast into the head. The 232 wasn't introduced until late 64, so chances are it's not a 232. But just in case it's been swapped over the years, the 232 will have an obvious removeable intake with the carb sitting 8-10" away from the valve cover.
----------------
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:57:15 -0700
From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Need 196 for 61 Wagon
To: <gorhodes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm in Lebanon, TN. (just east of nashville) I got a 63 Rambler Classic with an engine. I think it's the 196 OHV. Somebody once told me how to tell, but I can't remember. The tranny is automatic.

If somebody could remind me how to tell what I have, maybe it's what you need.
It's NOT the flat head.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts