From: Wayne E Lamothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Hooker headers.
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 11:26 AM

I inquired last night about big car headers for my 69 Ambo and got a link
to Hooker 7901's from Summit.  They are listed as rectangular port
headers but all the vehicle listings in the application list are for dog
leg port engines.  I called Summit and they could not tell me for sure
and gave me the number for Holley Tech.  I was on ignore for almost 20
minutes before I got an answer and then they said it would fit if I had a
rectangular port head.  I explained that anything '70 and later had dog
leg ports and all he kept repeating was that if I had a Gremlin, Hornet,
Matador etc with rectangular ports, that it would fit.  I patiently
explained that all those cars had dog leg ports and he just repeated the
mantra.  I guess someone could put rectangular port engines in a later
year but I did not get the impression that he was implying that.

I guess I am going to order them and hope they fit.  I know they will
work on the engine but will they fit the Ambo body?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-7901HKR/

Thanks
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY
AMO#8454, http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 Harley FLHTCI, 2000 Jeep GC Limited 4.7
2001 Cherokee, 2002 Caddy Seville Northstar V8