Re: [AMC-list] Engine setback in a 4-door Matador

Re: [AMC-list] Engine setback in a 4-door Matador

" From: Doug Dornbos <dornbos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hi all
"
" Has anyone increased the engine setback in a 4-door Matador,

what year?

" specifically the I6 engine? I remember there being several (4?) inches
" between the head and the firewall before I took the engine out. If you
" have any input for me I'll listen.

thinking of using the ambo crossmember?  all the extra wheelbase is
fwd of the firewall; the ambo crossmember moves the wheels fwd without
moving the engine - or, sets the engine back relative to the wheels.
from '67 to '74 the ambo wheelbase was 4" longer than the reb/mat.