Re: [AMC-list] speedo cable adapters

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" It's not easy using a floor shifter with an OD! Would the top loader
" shifter from an old Jeep work? I'm pretty sure some of the Willys
" models (CJ-3?) used a T-96 with a top loaded shifter in place of the
" cover, but not 100% on that. Would probably be too far forward though.

my dad's '66 volvo 122 had a cane shifter like that, bent into an L so
that when it came out from under the dash the pattern was almost
vertical.

plenty o' room under the amc dash to bend a jeep cane the same way...
there were jeep t96s and it was very unusual when they didn't have
cane shifters - iirc only the 2wd dj3 and resort-oriented models like
the 'bermuda'.