Re: [AMC-list] Chinese company buying Hummvee!

Re: [AMC-list] Chinese company buying Hummvee!

" From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
"
" Except for the fact that the H1's were made by AM General and not GM. GM
" basically bought naming rights from AM General. H2's and H3's don't
" share anything significant with the H1.

didn't gm buy a large stake - something like 50% - in amg?

and who owns the other part?  who did gm buy their stake from?  amc
sold amg when renault bought in, b/c [at that time, anyway] foreign
corps couldn't own defense suppliers, and amg made 2.5t and 5t army
trucks.

" I haven't heard this in the mainstream media but in case you didn't hear
" about it, they are actually planning to close the plant in South Africa
" (makes right hand drive versions) and move production of those vehicles
" to the current facility in Indiana.

that's in south bend?  iirc it's the old studebaker truck factory.

so - when gm is selling 'hummer', does that include any part of amg,
or just gm's own lame crypto-humvees?