Re: [AMC-list] Does anyone need a good Concord Wagon body near SW MO?

The W code was still weak, X code was a step up and Z code was a Tremec replacement.

From: Wrambler
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Does anyone need a good Concord Wagon body
	near SW MO?
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family"

I can say that the ft lb rating on the early T5 is the SAME up untill 1988 or 89ish.
265 ftlb. If, and big if, the T5 is good and you run gear lube in it,(I run only Redline or Mobil one in mine), it will hold up to judicious use. The idea that the "world class" T5 became instantly stronger is incorrect! They worked on shifting issues and changed things to go to ATF type lube. the first generation of World class trans actually broke just as often in the fords! To get a stronger transe you have to look for the motorsport of about 89-90 up units.  If anyone doubts my word go to some of the T5 sites and research it yourself. There are some sites that state all world class units are stronger, but the majority of places state the actual LOWER torque rating.

  Do not power shift it or beat it into and out of gear and it will do fine.
If it is broken I would like to buy it !!!

I need some things from an AMC T5.

Mark Price