Re: [AMC-list] Some Days are Diamonds and...

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 14:16, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> some days are stone.
> Yesterday was a diamond.

Yet we persist in our fun folly!

I've been slamming on my thesis for 2 weeks (had to complete 50 - 60 page
paper with research on time due to wacky rules) and I'm in the lurch between
final draft and library submission (friday) so I had some Rambler time.

I retorqued the head, adjusted the valves, tweaked up the carburetor, and
re-routed the heater hose (always interfering with the oil filler cap). Took
35 minutes, from hood open to hood closed. And a good 5 - 10 minutes of that
was because I had to pull the carb to get at two head bolts (only the 2bbl
has this problem). Just have to lift it up off the studs a bit, no big deal,
all lines still on.

Valves were all pretty much spot on, but exhausts seemed a tiny bit tight
(like .014 - .015 instead of .016) but I'm sure that was my doing last
adjust.  I took a couple of movies with my new HD camcorder (more on that
below).

Carb cleaner down the throat while running to clean out the air horns and
vents etc, idle needed to be leaned (1/8 - 1/4 turn). No more smell and
idles perfect. Sure is nice when things go right!

I'm not much of a gadget freak (too many !@!$#!#$!! power cubes, cables,
updates, $$$) but WOW! I totally love my new pocket HD (high def!)
camcorder!

Aiptek "GVS Action HD"
1080p, 720p High Definition
gyroscopic stabilization for 720p 60frames/sec!!!!
5X optical zoom
writes to FLASH MEMORY! no tape!
1.5 pack fo cigarettes size
$180! (plus gotta buy Class 6 flash, $40) from amazon

The 'no tape' business makes it profoundly easy; plug in USB cable or stick
the SD mem card into laptop, drag and drop movies. No winding, tapes,
dropped frames all that tape crap. With a 16GB SD card, 5 hours video.
battery good for 1.5 hours or more. Charges from USB.

Out of your pocket, unfold the display, you can record in under 3 seconds.
Fold it up, stick back in pocket. As profound a change as digital cameras
were.

Unbelievably great thing.

I took video of valves running.

--