From: "piper pa20" <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:54:35 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Not to confuse: Was: Exhaust pipe gasket help needed

Well, I looked at my 65 Rambler (195.6) and I think the exhaust manifold came on my 65.  The engine is a 63 model but the manifold came off of the 65 engine I'm almost postive.  I'd like to debunk the myth at all of these manifolds had the three-bolt exhaust flange.  Also the car came with a flared head pipe and a steel (or steel clad) donut that was pretty well eroded.  I went to my locak Kragen's and asked (as I remember) for a 2-inch exhaust donut.  We may have had to try a couple of different sizes across the counter but I got what I needed.  It hasn't leaked in the initial engine runup but has only been run about five minutes.  I have not even adjusted the valves yet.  Cut and paste the link below:

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/rambler196ohv/?action=view&current=auction11268.jpg

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA