Re: [AMC-list] Scared of AMCs, etc (was "Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid")

Re: [AMC-list] Scared of AMCs, etc (was "Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid")

" From: John Rosa <jwramc@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" >
" > From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
" > Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid
" >
" > I've often wondered what rules NASCAR would have come up with
" > to control AMC and Bobby Alison if the team began to do very well.
" > Does anyone know if the big three pulled out of NASCAR and
" > NHRA in 1971 like they did in Trans Am?
" > Thanks,
" > Armand
"
"
" I do recall NASCAR outlawing the Superbirds and Daytonas cuz they ate GMs
" and Fords up on the super-speedways.

also, they were a transparent attempt to 'game' the nascar rules.

" The last thing NASCAR has ever been concerned with was actual competition.
" It's all about keeping everyone as close as possible, cuz the bigger the
" wrecks, the bigger the crowds. It's professional wrestling on wheels.

i think that is an urban myth.  rather, when you still have 14 cars on
the lead lap at the end and positions shuffle at every pit stop, the
question of who's going to win is a lot more exciting than when 2nd pl
is 2 laps down and 3rd another 5.  imho it's all about the competition,
to the extent that it's become a spec series with no 'stock' left.