[AMC-list] Scared of AMCs, etc (was "Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid")

[AMC-list] Scared of AMCs, etc (was "Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid")

> From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid
>
> I've often wondered what rules NASCAR would have come up with
> to control AMC and Bobby Alison if the team began to do very well.
> Does anyone know if the big three pulled out of NASCAR and
> NHRA in 1971 like they did in Trans Am?
> Thanks,
> Armand

I do recall NASCAR outlawing the Superbirds and Daytonas cuz they ate GMs
and Fords up on the super-speedways.

The last thing NASCAR has ever been concerned with was actual competition.
It's all about keeping everyone as close as possible, cuz the bigger the
wrecks,
the bigger the crowds. It's professional wrestling on wheels.