Re: [AMC-list] 64 Classic engine swap Frank, Tom?

Re: [AMC-list] 64 Classic engine swap Frank, Tom?

That sounds like good forensics to me.  Makes sense.  I'll let you know more when I've had more time to pull the transmission.  I disconnected the linkage from both shift rods yesterday after I posted and the 2-3 shift is indeed murky while the 1st-reverse shift is crisp with a positive detent for the neutral position.

I'm working on two project cars now (65 american and the Classic) and I have to move another car offsite nest weekend and repair the lights on my car trailer etc.  I may have time to pop the top off of my spare transmission in the next week too, and see if it looks like it would be worthwhile to swap it into the Classic without doing any work to it.  Thanks,

Joe Fulton