Re: [AMC-list] Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Re: [AMC-list] Coke 600 Toyota Camry Hybrid

" From: "Clarence Milstead" <cmilstead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Your eyes aren't fooling you, it was a Toyota Camry Hybrid pace car.
" They started racing a couple of years ago and now are very
" competitive, dominant almost. It's interesting how things are working
" out, with Chrysler in bankruptcy I can't see any Dodges running next
" year, if GM goes into bankruptcy I can't see them running either so
" it may be just Ford and Toyota. Since Toyota has more money than Ford
" they can spend more money on racing and have better cars, in that
" case Ford might as well drop out. Question, will NASCAR fans go to
" the track to see a bunch of Toyotas run round and round? I think it
" will be the end of NASCAR in short order. From boom to bust in a very
" few years.

it wouldn't be the first racing series toyota has destroyed with cubic
money.  otoh nascar knows very well which side its bread is buttered
on, and if the u.s. factories [have to] back out they might ban factory
involvement altogether to level the playing field and keep the
competition going.

personally, i wouldn't miss the multicar uber-teams.