From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Pacer question
To: "Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 10:45 PM

I have a 304 auto Pacer that was running really nice, then it started to act as
if it out of gas, surging and bucking. Seeing as how it was on "E" I
decided to get gas. I parked it for an hour, then when I fired it up it ran
horrible and I got some bad lifter chatter. Just running it from the front of
the house to the garage it got increasingly worse. Now it won't start at
all, just sputters and coughs.
I will be tearing into it this weekend (75 to 80 degrees forecast and a fat
wallet this weekend and I have to spend it working on the car. Oh well).
I'm thinking the gear on the end of the dist has sheared. Either way its
gotta be on that end somewhere. Any ideas......Russ