Re: [AMC-list] Ignition Switch Switch

Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>OK NOW I need hints on how to take out the keyed ignition switch.  As a decided not to leave them in a Concor wagon that had no motor, in a safe neighborhood.  And now I cannot find them.  So to move the car back into the garage to work on, well, don't know any car thiefs, so anyone have the secret to unlocking the key lock?

There's the method Fulton wrote up, but you could also take one of the key cylinders from a door to a locksmith and get them to crack the code (assuming the door keys still match the ignition) by inserting a blank key and cutting it down to match the tumblers.

If you have the original information book in the glove box, you might also find the two punch-out's thrown in the bag (many dealers would place them in there upon delivery) with the key codes stamped on them; and then take those codes to any locksmith.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .