Re: [AMC-list] Help I'm in a clutch dilema...

Re: [AMC-list] Help I'm in a clutch dilema...

I have never heard of an sr5?
As far as I know all AMC 5 speeds are T5, AMC was the early or first adopter of the T5.
Chevettes I believe got it about the same time.

I thought all the T4-T5 cars had moved on to a 10" disc when the upgraded to the T series from the SR4 series.

I would change up to at least a 10", but for normal duty the 9" will suffice.

I horsetraded a bunch of 4.0L stuff to Matt Keviett (SP?) from Michigan when I did my build. Mine is running a 10.9" clutch from a 77ish CJ or FSJ.  It all fits in the same bellhousing so no big deal. Same input splines and suh AFAIK.  1 1/8" 10 spline.

Ford went 1 1/16" 10 spline, so you can get into trouble if you get in a hurry matching up discs. Well, if you have the Ford tranny anyway! It obviously will not fit putting the Ford disc on the AMC trans.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.