[AMC-list] 1958 Rambler American restoration

[AMC-list] 1958 Rambler American restoration

ok, i thought i had informed the list of this about the crank last fall... 62 and earlier ALL got the volcano crank. caspers motor is still out now, and can get pics for anyone that needs them. that motor is an original motor. the flywheel centers on the volcano. 63+ has the flat crank. i have one of each. i have yet to try to put the flywheel on the flat crank to see if it works or not, but i will tonight to find out for the gentleman needing a crank. i know for a fact however, the 63+ flexplate for the auto will not work on the 62 earlier crank. so, if his crank is a volcano crank, and it is a manual car, he needs to look for a 62 earlier crank. a 63+ crank MAY work. i will find out tonight, as i have parts sitting very easy to verify. will let you know later.

if the guy needs a new crank, i have a spare crank sitting here. would need machined probably. i am in eastern oregon, so for shipping to nm, shouldnt be terrible. let me know if you need it. and i can go check it.

DOH.. i still have an oil pan to send to tom j too....

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules