Re: [AMC-list] powdercoating, and an intake for sale

Re: [AMC-list] powdercoating, and an intake for sale

I used the www.eastwoodco.com HOTCOAT kit years back on tons of different parts.  Blasted them in the yard with the pressurized 100-gallon sand blasting tank (vertical tube on wheels). Even did my CJ5 frame, using an infrared PROPANE heater (Eastwood sells an expensive electric infrared heater).

The Eastwood HOTCOAT kit is well worth the price ... just get the cheaper gun, not their professional gun, unless you want to go into business.

Also, check the Harbor Freight sales for their blasting cabinet.  Usually on sale for $199-$220, instead of the usual $299 price.  I picked on up locally and will be putting it together.  Also picked up NIB HOTCOAT basic kit from ebay (private seller) with some powder for $60.

You can do this on the cheap, if need be.  Just have to get the parts cleaned up good before applying the powder.

TECH TIP #1:  Once in a while, you will need to TAP the end of the HOTCOAT gun tip to knock off the build-up of powder there.  If you don't, eventually, the gun will flick it into your part and you'll get powder globs, once it bakes.

TECH TIP #2:  PRE-BAKE bare metal parts that have been in contact with OIL, etc.  This will bake the oil out of the pores, so that it doesn't bubble the powdercoating when that get's baked on.  Clean up the bare, pre-baked parts, once cooled, with BRAKE cleaner.

Last of all, Davis, the intake looks professionally done.  Good job!

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"
330-CID AMC Stroker V8

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12