Re: [AMC-list] RAM ECU INSTALLED

Newer stuff is for sure a lot of work to fix. Do you have a shop manual for the truck? If not, it would be a good investment for troubleshooting. You may also need a scan tool to be able to figure it out. A bad ECM is usually caused by something else shorting out and you have to check all of the circuits and fix anything that is wrong with them before replacing the ECM or you risk frying the replacement. I've done this once on an OBD I truck (late 80's GMC S-15) and it took a boat load of time to fix everything. Your Ram is OBD II and has a lot more circuits to check.

BTW, did you check all of the grounds to make sure they're clean and tight? Newer stuff is incredibly picky about ground issues.

Matt

On 7/26/2009 6:00 PM, jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
And...
It won't Idle now.  Nor will it do what it wouldn't do before.  So, in
addition to 'not accelerating, it won't idle.
Back to the drawing board.

I have had quite enough of this piece of...umm, work...  Nothing else I can
think of, nor anyone else. Makes me wonder if the 'new' ECU is beat. It was supposed to be removed from a 'known good runner', but, alas, I've heard such songs sung before. All that I'm certain of is that if it came from a 'known
good runner', it wasn't directly; it came out, was 'stored' (likely), and
then sold.
<snip>

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx