Re: [AMC-list] Cars, Clunkers and Greenup

Re: [AMC-list] Cars, Clunkers and Greenup

" From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" I just want to add. The roads around here are twisty and lots of hills
" and patchwork. The 225/75/16 tires on the Jeep suck at handling. I
" tried dropping psi below 40 and handling suffers a lot. To much sway
" from the tall skinny tires. I even added a 1" addco rear swaybay. Way
" better!  Tire wear seems fine, current tires are rated for 44 psi.
"    Around here I get horrible tire wear on inner/outer edges following
" the manufacturers "sticker".

this is a reflection of tire stability, a function of tire size to rim
width ratio.  for maximum stability you want a wiiide rim with a
relatively narrow tire.

racers say fit the widest rim you can cram under the bodywork, then
put the widest tire that'll fit the rim under the circumstances.

btw, spec tire size is on a particular rim width.  rule of thumb is
+1cm on tire width for +1in rim width.